Javakheti Protected Areas
Javakheti protected areas are located In Akhalkalaki and Ninotsminda municipalities, Samtskhe-Javakheti region and are distinguished with lakes, unique swamps and subalpine and alpine meadows. Javakheti protected area includes Javakheti National Park and Managed Reserves of Bughdasheni, Khanchali, Madatapha, Sulda and Kartsakhi.
Visitor centre: Akhalkalaki, crossroad of Ninotsminda-Kartsakhi,
From bird watching towers it is possible to watch 140 species of nesting and migrating birds at different times of year on 7 hiking, horse riding and biking routes. There are so many different types of fish, they are perfect for sport fishing lovers.
You can hire or plan:
- Tent: 10Gel
- Backpack: 5Gel
- Sleeping bag: 5Gel
- Conference hall (22 persons): 120 Gel
- Campsite:Per person - 5 Gel
- Picnic area: 1 Picnic table: 15 Gel; Pupils, professional colleges and university students: 10 Gel
- Snowshoe: 15Gel, each additional day - 10 Gel
- Bicycle: Per person - 25 Gel; Pupils, professional colleges and university students: 20 Gel
- Electric bicycle:50 Gel
- Horse hiring, village Sameba: 1 hr – 5 Gel, 1 day – 50 Gel, contact person: ErvandSumbulian; Tel: 551 08 55 24;
- Sportfishing – 10 Gel
- Boating on Kartsakhi Lake - 50 GEL by private boat; 70 GEL by the agency's boat
Notice: the daily fishing limit is 15 kg if the caught fish weight is more than 15 kg, it is prohibited to catch more fish)
The tourist season lasts from April to November
- The best period for birdwatching: April-October
- The best period for sport fishing: May-September
Notice: While visiting boundary territories it is necessary to hold the copy of your identification document with you for registration.
For more information please contact
TamazKarapetiani, Director of Javakheti Protected Areas; Tel: 577 64 04 82; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org